For a newly created position as QA engineer in our Harlev office, we are looking for someone to ensure that our devices meet the expected behavior and performance. You will be taking over QA responsibilities from the developers in the embedded team and in doing so sharpen our focus on releasing stable products. Long term you will be part of ensuring stable releases throughout all teams and you will be a key person in defining how this will be done.
What you will be doing
- Black box testing of our physical products using our apps, frontend, and dedicated testing tools.
- Developing the tools, methods, and documents required for testing.
- Defining production tests to be run at our production facilities in China.
- Assisting the development team in improving product testability.
- Investigating user issues reported by customer support.
- Taking part in getting our products certified at external certification houses.
- Engineering background preferably within embedded systems.
- Experience with embedded systems.
- You have been programming professionally for several years.
- Previous experience with QA is a plus.
Working at Danalock
You will be part of Team Embedded which is the team in charge of everything related to the physical products. The team currently consists of two developers and a scrum master.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for your own tasks and for planning your own time in coordination with the team. Even though we are currently working from our home offices we still communicate a lot about our tasks in both chats and video conferences. The team meets up at the daily Scrum meeting once a day to talk about what we are currently working on.
This is how we work with Scrum:
- Team “definition of done”: How to test, design, review, deploy and maintain products
- Daily manage: Keep track of your own progress, share with the team, and evaluate processes.
- Coordinating: Collaborate with the Product Owner about project priorities and communicate issues and feedback.
- Team self-evaluation etc.
As we are a small team, we get to touch many different areas of the products. This underpins our philosophy that everybody should think about the whole product - not just the part they are working on right now. This philosophy also encourages everyone to come up with product improvements or features in all areas of the Danalock ecosystem. This mentality is further emphasized by our non-hierarchical company structure.
Most of the employees at Danalock speak danish but we do have English-only speakers and as we are part of Salto Systems you must be fluent in English both in writing and speech.
What you get when working at Danalock
You will be working in an informal environment with a high degree of freedom in how you solve your tasks. Being in charge of a task means determining what tool YOU think is right to solve it. What the right way is to solve a task might change over time and you should not be afraid to try out new ways or tools.
Other things ...
- A very flexible workplace
- Lunch arrangement
- Health insurance
Is this you?
Do you think all this sounds like a position for you? Send us your CV and application letting us know why you are our person!