If you are about to upgrade the firmware of Danalock V3-BT-HK, also known as the HomeKit version, from a version earlier than 2.x, then the following information is important!
The lock software changes so much that you will have to delete the lock from your HomeKit setup and enroll it again - therefore please make sure you have the small sticker with the HomeKit code ready and please read all below before starting the update process.
The HomeKit code can normally be found on the inside of the battery cover. An extra sticker was also in the box in which the lock came.
The features you get after the firmware upgrade:
This is what you will get when upgrading the firmware to version 2.x or higher:
- The lock will still work as a HomeKit lock just like it did before.
- The lock will also support standard Bluetooth enrollment on both iOS and Android and through that support the following features:
- Invite guests to use the lock through the Danalock servers.
- Activate features like auto-lock, hold-back-latch, and end-to-end
- Pair the lock with a Danapad for the option of opening the lock with a keypad
- Pair the lock with a Danabridge to do remote operations, if you don't already have a HomeKit hub installed or the HomeKit hub is too far from the lock to communicate (Will not communicate over HomeKit, but through the Danalock servers over WiFi)
- Use the Auto Unlock feature in the Danalock app.
- See the history of operations done through the Danalock app (Only app operations are currently logged)
How to do the update:
You can do the update in the Danalock Classic app where you can see the HomeKit lock when enrolled in HomeKit.
Or you can do the update from a phone where you have access to the HomeKit lock, by installing the Danalock Toolbox app.
When the upgrade is done, you must delete the lock in your Home App. Therefore, go into Your Home App and delete the lock when the upgrade is done, and install it again.
When adding the lock to your Home App or Danalock account, consider the following:
- If you want to use the lock on an Android device or with the Danapad or Danabridge, we suggest that you start by adding the lock through standard Bluetooth in the Danalock app, and then when installed in the Danalock app, add it to Your HomeKit Home app after.
- If you only want to use the lock as a HomeKit lock, then go ahead and install the lock again through the Apple Home App on your iPhone or iPad.
To enroll the lock in standard BT at a later point.
If you at a later point, want to use the lock as a standard Danalock, on an Android phone or with a Danapad or Danabridge, then you must do the following:
- Download the Danalock Toolbox app for iPhone on a phone with access to the HomeKit lock.
- Open the app and press "HomeKit"
- Choose your lock
- Now press "Enable Dual Mode"
- You now have 60 seconds to start the enrollment of the lock in standard Bluetooth mode in the Danalock app.
- Go into the Danalock app and in the menu press "Add new device)
- Find the lock by the serial number - match the serial number with the one on the back of the battery cover.
- Once you have completed the enrollment you can use the lock in Dual mode - either from the Danalock app or from the Apple Home app.
Contact support if you have any questions.