This guide is about pairing the Danalock and Danapad together without using the Danalock app and servers.
Once this is done you cannot enroll the devices through the Danalock app and will only be able to use your Danalock devices with the Smart Home hub you add it to after the pairing!
The Smart home hub needs to support both the Danalock and the option for adding pin codes to the lock - please check this with the manufacturer of the hub you are using.
The Z-wave and Zigbee versions of our lock can be used on supported hubs and gateways as a standalone setup.
Meaning that you can use the lock without using the Danalock app - simply by adding the smart lock, Zigbee, or Z-wave versions only, to your Smart Home Hub, if supported by the hub.
But to add the Danapad to the setup, you will then need to add it in appless pairing mode.
Important: The app-less pairing needs to be done before the lock is added to your smart home hub - if done after, the lock will lose the connection to the hub and you will need to do the setup again.
Important: Any existing pin codes on the lock will be deleted once you do the app-less pairing - you will have to set them up again through the Smart Home Hub - remember to check if the hub supports the use of pin codes on the lock.
How to pair Danalock and Danapad in app-less pairing:
- Place the Danalock and DanaPad at a close distance from each other - 30 to 50 cm.
- Then click 7 times on the click command button on the lock (little hole on the top of the lock) and it will flash red and green.
- Press and hold down unlock button on the Danapad for 5-8 seconds and the LEDs on the pad will flash red/green, now press 1 on the pad and the flashing will slow down and then stop. The Flashing on the lock will also stop
If you can't get the devices to go into the app-less pairing mode make sure both devices have the latest firmware.
How to remove the appless pairing again if needed:
- Click 7 times on the click command button on the lock (little hole on the top of the lock) and it will flash red and green.
- Press and hold down unlock button on the Danapad for 5-8 seconds and the LEDs on the pad will flash red/green, now press 2 on the pad and the flashing will slow down and then stop.
The Flashing on the lock will also stop. This now removes the pairing between the Danalock and the Danapad.
Known Hubs that support pin codes:
This list is not the full list of hubs to support pin codes, but is the hubs we have been able to confirm.
- Homey hubs - Through flow cards (Zigbee and Z-wave)
- Alarm.com hubs (Z-wave)
- Fibaro Home Center 3 and Home Center Light, Home Center 2 (Z-wave)
- Vera hubs (Z-wave)
- Future Home (Z-wave)
- Jeedom (Zigbee and Z-wave)