Why and for what will we process your personal data?
- App Functionality: We collect and use your personal data described below to provide you with the Danalock services, including the access management services concerning your Danalock smart locks, and to provide the Danalock app functionalities reliably.
To the extent, certain app functionalities may require that you allow the app using some specific data, the use of such data will be based on your consent.
- Analytics: We also collect and use some other data for our legitimate business needs, such as using anonymized analytics data for improving our services.
Which data we will process?
- Contact info: To register you as a user of the app, you must provide us a username and an email address.
- Usage data: We use anonymized usage data to know about how users interact with our app.
- Activity log: We store the data of your log activity, meaning that we register your interaction with your smart lock.
- Location: You must also allow the app to use the location of your mobile device if you want to use the Bluetooth-access to lock. Also, you must allow background access to precise location data in case you wish to use the Autounlock feature. You may turn off location awareness or disallow the location permission while you are not using these features through your phone settings.
If you choose to enable Autounlock features, know that the feature records the GPS location information of the Danalock Bluetooth LE device only on your device, and then compares this location with the tracked position of your device to detect when the two are in range. Once close proximity is detected the Danalock app can unlock the Danalock Bluetooth LE device without user interaction.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We keep your account data for the time your account is active. You can request us to delete your account at any time by contacting us through the channels indicated below.
Who could receive your personal data?
Depending on your role as a user of the app, the admin user – of the smart lock you have been invited to access – may be able to view some of your personal data; username, e-mail address, and lock activity.
Also, we may communicate your personal data to public authorities, regulators, or governmental or jurisdictional bodies in those cases in which it is necessary to do so by law, local regulations, or compliance with regulatory obligations.
Moreover, we rely on the collaboration of some third-party service providers who may have access to your personal data as a data processor, i.e., who may access to and process your personal data in our name and on our behalf if it is necessary for rendering services. In this sense, we follow strict criteria of selection of suppliers to comply with its data protection obligations and undertakes to sign with them the corresponding Data Processing Agreement, through which we will impose, among others, the following obligations: apply appropriate technical and organizational measures; process the personal data for the purposes agreed and taking into account only our documented instructions; delete or return the data once the provision of services ends.
Will we carry out international transfers of your personal data?
All personal data is stored in secure data centers located in the European Economic Area (EEA). However, if your admin user is located outside the EEA, note that this user may view your personal information.
If we need to carry out an international transfer of data, we require that recipients comply with the measures designed to protect the personal data established in a binding contract, except in cases where the European Commission has determined that the country where the recipient is located provides an adequate level of personal data protection.
Do we use any third-party services?
- Google Services: Danalock application uses Google Service to collect information about your location. However, the app needs your permission to access the location services provided by Google for the app to communicate with the Danalock Bluetooth LE products.
Do we use any cookies?
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device’s internal memory.
This application does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this application.
What rights do you have when you provide us with personal data?
We inform you that following current legislation you can exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection, data portability and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. If you want to exercise your rights as a data subject, please contact us. Please find our contact details below.
Where can you submit a complaint?
If you do not agree with or are dissatisfied with how we process your personal data, you may send us a complaint. Also, you are entitled to send a complaint to the competent control authority.
How can you contact us?
Our full contact details are:
Gammel Stillingvej 427C
8462 Harlev, Denmark
Company registration number: 32297714
Feel free to contact us if you have questions or want to exercise your rights. You may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updating our personal data policy
This personal data policy must be updated as required by circumstances. We regularly review our personal data policy to ensure that it is up to date, accurate and following applicable rules and principles for the processing of personal data. We publish new versions on our website www.danalock.com.
This policy is applicable from December 17th, 2020.