The guide is lacking images due to an upcoming app update.
- Download the Danalock app to set up and control your Danalock. Go to App Store or Google Play.
- First, login with an existing user or create a user profile.
- Now you’re on the keychain (if you have a lock included or an invitation to use a Danalock, there will be an icon with a lock).
If you don’t have a lock or an access invitation, a text will tell you what to do:
"You have no keys.
Add your first lock by pressing Add lock."
- The Bluetooth signal has a range of 0 - 5 meters.
Stand in front of your Danalock to connect the smartphone with it.
- Normally you won’t have to look for your Danalock, but for those who have more than one:
Pressing the eye symbol will make it light up red and green.
- Name your Danalock.
Special characters such as "ü" or "!" cannot be used.
You must connected to the internet to register your lock.
- If your Danalock already has an owner, you receive an alert.
Follow the instructions.
- If your front door has no handle on the outside, this feature will hold the lock back for five seconds, allowing you to push the door open.
- If you enable Break and Go Back, a Force unlock symbol will appear.
Press to use Break and Go Back, holding the lock back for five seconds.
- Now you can calibrate your Danalock.
Turn the Danalock manually until the door is unlocked and leave the door open while calibrating. Lift the handle if needed.
Press the blue arrow at the right bottom corner to engage calibration.
- You have the option to calibrate the Danalock manually. If you are satisfied with auto calibration, skip this setting.
Follow the steps carefully.
If grinding occurs, repeat the process.
- Prior to enabling the auto unlock feature, an explanation page will run you through how the automatic unlock feature works.
The geolocation determines your position when you enter the auto unlock zone, approximately 50 - 1000 meters (164 - 3281 feet) from your Danalock and unlocks your door when you within Bluetooth range 0 - 5 meters (0 - 16,4 feet) from your door.
- The Auto unlock function can be enabled or disabled.
If enabled, an icon will appear at the top right corner.
- A map showing your location will appear.
Enable leave/return notification if desired.
- Enable Twist Assist to unlock by turning the Danalock a few degrees and the motor takes over.
- Set your Danalock to lock automatically after you have unlocked your door so you never have to remember to lock your door after unlocking it.
- This feature only activates when the lock goes from locked to unlocked. Automatic locking will not work if the door is already unlocked and then latched with the Force unlock feature.
- Finally, a Congratulation page tells you that your Danalock setup is complete.
Press ”Save my settings”
to save your settings on your Danalock.
- Now you have added your lock to the keychain.
If you have more than one Danalock, you can swap between them by sliding sideways on your phone. Only the one in the middle of the screen will be active.
- Press "Settings" to adjust the settings.
Press the right arrows at the bottom of the page or swipe from right to left to get to the setting you want to change.
Slide to the Congratulation page and save your settings.
- You are the sole owner of your Danalock. Create and send access keys to give others access to your home.
Press "Lock users" to create and invite new users.
- You will find a list of lock users you have created.
Pressing "Invite guest" gives you three access possibilities:
- Permanent, Recurrent or Temporary.
The app is set to give Permanent access by default. You would typically give family members Permanent access.
Send the access invitation by email or SMS. You can choose to be notified when this user unlocks and locks your door.
- Recurrent access allows you to assign repeated access on specific days and hours for a set period of time.
This setting is useful for house cleaners and other guests who require temporary access on regular basis.
- Grant temporary access to contractors and send it by email or SMS. No more hiding the key under the mat.
- When you send an access invitation the recipient receives an email or SMS with a link to my.danalock.com. The user logs in (or creates a user and then logs in to activate).
- When the recipient has logged in or created a user, a link to the Danalock app appears.
The user must download the app and log in with their new user profile to activate the access the owner has set up.
- A list will show the users of the Danalock. You can edit the users, change their access or delete them.
- Press "Log" to view your Danalock's activity.
- Pressing the Menu icon opens a handful of extra functions. The battery level is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
The batteries have an average life span of approximately one year, depending on usage, and less than a year if the Danalock is connected to a gateway.
You will receive warnings when the batteries are running low. Replacement batteries are easily available on the Danalock webshop.
- Pressing "Refresh keys" will force the Danalock app to refresh the keys on the Danalocks closest to your phone. Try this if you are having difficulty connecting with your Danalocks.
- You're never left in the dark when mounting and installing your Danalock. Press "Support" for a wide range of install videos and manuals.
- Press "Smart home" to connect the Danalock with different Smart home control systems, including Apple HomeKit, Z-Wave, Nest and Harmony.
- Follow the guides to the various control systems to expand the control of your home.
- Pressing the "Harmony" icon takes you to the Harmony website, where you can sign in and include your Danalock in your Harmony activities.
- Pressing the "Nest" icon takes you to the Nest website, where you can sign in to integrate your Danalock with your Nest devices.
- Pressing the "Z-Wave" icon opens up a guide to connect your Danalock with a Z-Wave gateway.
Follow the guide and press the arrow at the bottom right corner of the page to connect.
- In "Accessories" you can add the Danapad to expand the usability of your Danalock.
- "Add accessories to your Danalock here."
"Keep updated at www.danalock.com"
- If you wish to give your ownership of the Danalock to somebody else, you must delete the lock in the Danalock app. Pressing "Menu" and then ”Delete lock” at the bottom of the screen.
The new owner can now download the app, create a user profile and include the lock, as explained in "Guided setup via app".
- Press "Log out" to log out of the app.